Saturday, July 09, 2005

Reconciliation

One of the things that I do is to interview applicants who are bound to go abroad, to make sure that they are really decided and are capable of handling whatever work will meet them there. But of course the interview is never a gurantee. A lot of things does happen once they are in the company. When I was younger, I must admit that I did not like the idea of having to send workers abroad because I did not like the thought that they had to leave their families behind. Perhaps part of this bitteness is the experience of my dad having to do lots of business trips and so we do not get to spend a lot of time with him as well. As compared to when I was a child and he had a simpler type of business that unfortunately got burned down. Sop anyway, I've always thought that relationships are more important more than anything material. But now, as I listen to the reasons of these applicants who are willing to sacrifice and leave their family behind, I saw the other side of the coin. If my father did not do those business trips, he won't be able to provide for us as well. As parents, as much as they would like to also be with their families, they also know that just being physically present will not feed the family and provide for the needs of the children. And so I have somehow reconciled those issues. We just try our best to remind those leaving the country not to forget their love ones and hopefully be able to establish something when they get back so as not to have to leave all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home